As human beings, our bodies change as we get older and it is no different when it comes to the hormones we produce. The amount of our regulating hormones stays about the same, but the response by the endocrine organs can change as we age. Almost all of us over the age of 40 (and in many cases over 30) begin to experience hormone imbalance. Over our lifetime, we are exposed to environmental and dietary toxins, which contribute to the natural decline of hormones as we age. Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is used to align the body back to where it needs to be for both men and women experiencing difficulties, such as:
- Menstrual cycles gradually ending
- Thinning hair, on both your head and body
- Lowered sex drive
- Often weight gain, especially around the stomach/abdomen
- Exhaustion and having less energy, for some even chronic fatigue along with muscle weakness
- Dryer skin
- Changes in body temperature and other common symptoms of perimenopause, including hot flashes or night sweats
- Sometimes trouble sleeping or symptoms of mood changes/emotional instability like irritability and anxiety
- Cognitive changes like brain fog, reduced concentration and trouble remembering
Who Needs BHRT?
Both men and women, over the age of 40, are susceptible to hormone decline. In order to balance your hormones for optimal health and wellness, it is critical to be evaluated by a highly trained physician – including comprehensive lab testing and in depth initial questionnaires – prior to creating a personalized treatment plan. We prescribe for men and women in various forms including pellets, patches, creams, lozenges, pills and injections. After you meet with our expert BHRT therapist, she will create a plan for you that work on fixing your symptoms, while enhancing your quality of life.
As we age, we start to see changes in the way our body acts and responds to normal, everyday things, and the way we operate in a day-to-day setting. Some of us are even born with hormone deficiencies that go unseen or untreated, resulting in a lifetime of struggles, challenges, and unanswered questions.
The cost for BHRT varies per patient based on the required lab testing, insurance coverage, necessary follow-up appointments, prescriptions, and supplements.
- 15-Minute Review of the Program No Charge
- Initial Consult 1 – Hour with MD $299.00
- Initial Hormone Lab Review No Charge
- Monthly BHRT Management Fee$80.00
- 3 and 6 Months Lab Review with Physician No Charge
- Annual Lab Review (One Hour Appointment) $125.00
- Phone Consultations, Unlimited Office VisitsNo Charge
- Medications, Supplements, Lab TestsVaries
- Laboratory Testing Varies
Typical Office Schedule
- Initial Start – Up with lab review (allow 1 hour)
- 3 months follow up appointment (30 minutes)
- 6 months follow up appointment (30 minutes)
- 12 months follow up appointment (60 minutes)
For most patients, Bioidentical hormone therapy combined with a comprehensive, tailored treatment plan averages $3.28 per day for a year long program.