As human beings, our bodies change as we get older and it is no different when it comes to the hormones we produce. The amount of our regulating hormones stays about the same, but the response by the endocrine organs can change as we age. Almost all of us over the age of 40 (and in many cases over 30) begin to experience hormone imbalance. Over our lifetime, we are exposed to environmental and dietary toxins, which contribute to the natural decline of hormones as we age. Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is used to align the body back to where it needs to be for both men and women experiencing difficulties, such as:
- Thinning hair, on both your head and body
- Menstrual cycles gradually ending
- Lowered sex drive
- Often weight gain, especially around the stomach/abdomen
- Exhaustion and having less energy, for some even chronic fatigue along with muscle weakness
- Dryer skin
- Changes in body temperature and other common symptoms of perimenopause, including hot flashes or night sweats
- Sometimes trouble sleeping or symptoms of mood changes/emotional instability like irritability and anxiety
- Cognitive changes like brain fog, reduced concentration and trouble remembering
BHRT Pellet Implants
Pellet insertion is a relatively simple in-office procedure done under local anesthesia. The pellets are inserted subcutaneously (under the fatty lining of skin), either in the lower abdomen or the upper buttocks through a very small incision. The incision is then closed with surgical glue or sterile-tape strips. If inserted correctly, patients cannot feel the implants under their skin. Implants placed under the skin consistently release small, physiologic doses of hormones, which have been shown to have many benefits.
Pellet Implants typically last between 3-5 months, depending on how rapidly the hormones are metabolized. After insertion of the pellets, vigorous physical activity should be avoided for 2-3 days, or as suggested by the healthcare practitioner. Some patients begin to feel symptom relief within 48 hours, while others may take up to two weeks to notice a marked difference. The pellets do not need to be removed. They are completely dissolved by the body.
- Initial Consultation – $150.00
- Male Pellet Insertion – $600.00
- Female Pellet Insertion – $365.00